Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wolfeboro, Round 1

We got back from our first trip to Wolfeboro this summer just before the July 4th weekend. I titled this round 1 because we are taking another, much longer, trip to Wolfe City later this summer. This time we went for my sweet cousin Kaitlyn's wedding weekend. We had so much fun and were thrilled to be included in such a special day in Kaitlyn and Andy's life. They are one of the most fun, gracious, happy, and definitely athletic couples I know. If you knew me a couple of years ago, you may recall that we hosted 3 boys for a few days who were running across the country...well that was the groom. Crazy, I know!

The wedding and reception took place at Bald Peak Country Club overlooking the lake. I was thrilled to get to go there and see it because I have never been able to get in. It was even more gorgeous than I could have ever dreamed of....and of course we also had a blast!

I so want to give you a detailed description of the wedding weekend but instead I think I'll just share a few pictures.

Our little monkey just chilling on the deck.

On the town docks with cousins.

One more of little monkey making my favorite face.
Now to the wedding weekend....

The caravan girls on the way to the bachelorette party.

Almost all the girl cousins at Kaitlyn's bachelorette.

Me, Mom, and Vanessa at the bridal brunch on Lake Winnipesaukee. I don't remember being sweaty or tall but I think this picture proves otherwise.

Guests at the wedding were greeted by this gorgeous bare tree my ubber-talented cousin Meghan made for the couple. As guests arrived they fingerprinted and signed their leaf on the tree. Meghan amazes me. Check out her etsy store here for more of her beautiful creations....more on her in a later post.

The backdrop for the ceremony is Lake Winnepesaukee. How gorgeous is it!

The beautiful couple. Absolutely breathtaking!

The younger cousins who were in the wedding.

No trip to Wolfeboro is complete without numberous (or nightly) trip to Bailey's Bubble for what is truly the best ice cream on earth. Blue Bell is seriously no competition. Trust me.

Even Jax agrees.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elyse that looked like such a special visit and wedding!

Post a Comment