Saturday, March 20, 2010

snot sucker

I've had a sick baby all week. I was really hoping it was just teething but by Thursday I had realized that it isn't just teeth. He has a really bad cold. The pediatrician confirmed it for me Thursday afternoon and we are still dealing with it. In fact, I think it's only gotten worse. The poor baby is miserable. He is happiest cuddled on my shoulder with a pacifier in his mouth. I'm so sorry if we were around your baby earlier this week. Please forgive us.


In an effort to relieve some of his pain I have used what I believe is the greatest baby gift of all time...The Nosefrida. Thank you Meredith!


Here is a picture of the snot sucker at work.



(No, this is not me...just found it online.)


Yes, you are seeing this correctly. Mom (or dad) sucks mucas from the baby's nose and it help relieve nasal congestion. Don't worry, there is a filter that prevents snot from going into mom's mouth. The best thing about it is that it actually works! If you have ever used a bulb syringe you know they never work. But this great invention does.


If you're looking for a great baby gift that gets a good rise from everyone at a baby shower, look no further.


Just because I don't like posting without a picture of our sweet little boy, here he is a few weeks ago when he wasn't sick.



Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

LG said...

I'm so glad you posted about this! I remember you telling me about it awhile back, but I had forgotten what it was called. I'm going to order one now. I hope Jax feels better soon!
-Liz

Little Lamb said...

We have one and it was such a life safer when Ryann was little bitty....hilarious, though...Mark hated watching me suck out her snot;)

John and Sarah said...

That is hilarious! I have never seen something like that before. So funny.

Post a Comment