Friday, March 12, 2010

One more reason to love my hubs

A couple of weeks ago I ran my first half marathon. It was a big deal for me....I did just have a baby a few months ago. I trained for about 8 weeks and rarely got off my schedule. When I make up my mind about something I usually go all out. Scott supported me 100%! I'm not sure that he totally realizes why I would have an interest in running for 2 hours since he despises running but he loved me through it and took care of baby J every Saturday while I did long runs and then when I napped afterward. He never complained.

Then race day came. I do believe he was more excited than I was. His friend let him borrow one of the gigantic sports photographer lenses for his camera. The kind you see on the sidelines of the Cowboys games. This made him giddy. This also made me the most photographed runner in the Cowtown half marathon. Yes, there were over 20,ooo runners that day but I was the most photographed thanks to my hubby. It also gained him access to all the restricted areas of the race. As I crossed the finish line I was looking for him on the oher side of the baracades but no, my hubster was inside the baracades and waiting at the finish line as I crossed it. All because he looked professional with the giantic lense and his stellar photographer stance. This is one more reason that I love him.

Now for a few embarressing photos.


Where's Waldo?


Humilitaing but you can see where my stellar hubs is standing....the finish line.


The boys I love.


My fantastic Mom who came to cheer me on. I sent her and Baby boy to the wrong place to cheer for me during the race so they missed seeing me run but met us downtown afterward.

Our future olympian. When he wins his first gold someday I'll submit this for his olympic slideshow.

Thanks for reading!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats what a huge accomplishment, and I am with Scott - I hate to run, which causes me to admire you even more because I don't know if I could make it one mile! That is so awesome!

Post a Comment