Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oasis

Dictionary.com defines Oasis as: something serving as a refuge, relief, or pleasant change from what is usual, annoying, difficult, etc.

This weekend I went on the Iriving Bible Church Woman's retreat, "Oasis." I think the retreat fit the definition perfectly. Not that day to day life is annoying at all but a weekend away with girlfriends was definitely a pleasant change from normal life. Besides enjoying the awesome speaker, we honestly did a whole lot of nothing and a whole lot of talking. I gained deeper friendships this weekend and enjoyed a little break from mommyhood (Although I loved the pics of Jax that Scott texted me every few hours). So now, I'm refreshed and excited to be back with my boys once again!

Here we are retreating it!

Scott's parents were here when I got back and went to his hockey game with us. I guesss I won't be putting away the winter gear so I can drag it out all summer long for hockey games...freezing!


If Jax could talk here I think he would say: "Daddy Stinks! Go Shower!"


On another note, does anyone have any car seat opinions they are willing to share? We're getting closer to buying a convertable one and the more I research I do, the more confused I get.

Have a great day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love our Britax Marathon - can face backwards and forwards and lasts up to 60 lbs. and it seems comfortable

Post a Comment