Monday, January 17, 2011

Did you know?

Did you know that in the United States it is estimated that over 100,000 children are trafficked into commercial sexual exploitation every year?

Did you know that the average age of entrance into prostitution in the United States is 13 years old?

Did you know there is a Super Bowl coming to Dallas/Fort Worth in just a few weeks and that thousands upon thousands of women and children will be brought in for the purpose of sexual exploitation?

I am just learning of the horrible statistics surrounding women and children right here in our country and I am heartbroken. There is so much to do to get informed, take action, and to pray about regarding this issue. In Matthew 25:40 Jesus says, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. (NIV)" We are called to do something. Whether praying for being on the front lines, we can't let these women and children down.

Here are a few pages with more information regarding this issue...

Love 146

It's Not My Fault

FRAGILE by Ten Shekel Shirt from Lamont on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Little Lamb said...

Love your heart, Elyse. we love Love 146. Love 146 partners with World Concern on our human trafficking programs around the world. thanks for sharing these links and video....A cause I wish so many more people were aware of.

Miss G said...

Found you through Emily's blog I believe. We're praying tomorrow in our Sunday school class. I can't believe it's right in our backyard either. Kelly

Post a Comment